Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Returning...

I had sewing yesterday at six o'clock. It was better than I thought it would be, and I got more done than I thought I would. It seems that I like to do learning-to-sew with people who have done it or many things... because the teacher just sized the patterns of us students by our measurements. It's sooo easier. Although, we don't yet know if they fit. But who cares?!

I've decided I'll post one link to a harp thing I like on YouTube... each post. If I remember and can. I have a document of links and descriptions, and so I can post one today (I haven't got very extended internet on this computer).

Here is a hornpipe, The Golden Eagle, which was one of the first I found back in the early days when I started really wanting to play Celtic harp...:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlC0bsO6L6Y&feature=related

Tell me if it's not what I think it is, so I can get the right link.

And I have lots more! I really like harp these days, and hope someday to get a nice 29-string F-F Sara harp from Hobgoblin Music.... or whatever it's called. It's down a bit south of here, and they have a little shop somewhere else in Minneapolis. I got to hear the harp and see it, and I want walnut. I love walnut. :)

There's lots of political mysticism out there these days. As some of you may know, my family hears a lot about random things... generally we listen to the conservative talk-show hosts. Anyways. I can't help squelshing listening to some of it because people take many of us conservatives wrongly. Personal note of randomness. You don't have to pay it the least bit of attention, or you can go and comment a big rant on why conservatives are brainwashed. *g*

I'd probably say I was brainwashed if you asked. I prefer to think I am because it makes life more interesting and insane.

So, how about some weird poem from my story, Nostalgia. It isn't published so I won't tell you much more until I want to.

Stories told under my candle here,
Near the fireside, at night.
Stories, tales, from the past
Are told without man’s spite.
I know them now, so mild the night
That day would leave away,
But it is calm to see by light
The knowledge passed from day.



No name. Hope you liked it. ;)

No comments: